Follower -12 Vows
A jain follower has to observe the follwoing 12 vows:
- Not inflict any injury on any living being consciously or intentionally.
- Not utter lies which will injure anybody or create wrongful loss or
gain to anybody.
- Not steal goods of anybody.
- Not have sex with lady, other than wife.
- Will have limit to his wealth, consume surplus in charity.
- Will limit sphere of activity.
- Will limit articles of consumption.
- Will not entertain evil thoughts and not give sinful or harmful advice.
- Will practice samayika (equanimity of mind for 48 minutes).
- Will abstain from worldly activities for one day per year.
- Shall practice one day per year of life as a Jain sadhu.
- Shall observe full fast once a year.