::- SAMAYIK -::
Samayik is very important in Jain Dharma. samayik is that in which equanimity
is practiced and benefits are obtained. To practice and adhere to equanimity,
rules of samayik are being read. The duration of samayik is 48 minutes
which is called one muhoort.
Venerable Sir! I take to.
All the sinful activities
I vow to abstain from
For the period prescribed
(will) observe it
by two modes and
Neither I will do
nor cause others to do
by mind’ speech
I shun sinful activities
I censure them
I reprimand them
I am detaching
my soul (From all sins).
Transgression of samayik
Nauven samayik vrat men jo koi atichar (dosh)laga ho to main usaki alochana
karate hun/karati hun.
1. Man ki savadya pravritti
2. Vachan ki savadya
3. Sharir ki savadya
4. samayik ke niyamon ka
5. Avadhi se pahle
I confess and atone for offences, if any (against vow) of the ninth
vrat, the samayik:
1. if have committed any ki ho. sinful activity through mind
2. If have committed any pravritti ki ho. Sinful activity through
3. If have committed any pravitti ki ho. Sinful activity through body
4. If I have not observed pura palan n kiya ho. Fully the rules of the
5. If have ended the samayik ko pura kiya samayik before its pe ho riod
All the above offences
dukkadam (inase lage may become futile.
1. You have to learn the lesson
of accepting and completing samayik.
2. You should practice minimum 4 samayik a month.
3. You should follow all the rules & necessitates
of practicing samayik, covering your mouth with munhpatti & require
1. Please talk of religion only or chant religious bhajans during samayik.
2. Not to laugh & joke during samayik.